Training at a Training & Activity Centre Bursary
What is the fund for?
The Training at a Training & Activity Centre Bursary is to help Leaders in the Region to attend a guidingorganised training event at one of the Training and Activity Centres owned by Girlguiding or one of its Countries and Regions. Funds are received from the King George VI Fund and are available to adults.
The Training & Activity Centres included are:
- Hautbois Activity Centre (Girlguiding Anglia, Norfolk)
- Blackland Farm (Girlguiding, Sussex)
- Broneirion (Girlguiding Cymru, Powys)
- Foxlease (Girlguiding, Hampshire)
- Glenbrook (Girlguiding Derbyshire, Hope Valley)
- ICANDO (Girlguiding, London)
- Lorne (Girlguiding Ulster, County Down)
- Netherurd House (Girlguiding Scotland, Peeblesshire)
- Waddow Hall (Girlguiding, Lancashire)
- Ynsgain (Girlguiding Cymru, Powys)
Criteria for applying:
To check if you are eligible to apply for this fund, all you have to do is answer ‘YES’ to the following questions:
- Have you held a unit appointment for at least five years?
- Is the event you would like to attend a guiding-organised training event (UK, Region or County event)?
- Are you applying for a grant to cover 50% of the cost?
- Have you not applied for this fund before or within the past three years?
- Is the training event for at least one night away?
Who can apply?
Adult members who have held a unit appointment for at least five years are eligible to apply for this fund. Members can only apply once every four years.
How to apply?