Blog / June 22nd, 2021
Birthday Card Swap
50th Birthday card swap
As with all birthdays, we love to receive cards, as well as send them.
Anglia’s 50th Birthday celebration is no exception, which is why we’re organising a birthday card swap between units in the region. It would bee amazzzing if you could get involved.
How does it work?
In your units you design and create a birthday card and send it in to the region office. The region team will then send your card out to another unit taking part and send one back to you as well. (Please read the T&C’s for full information on sizing and envelopes).
You can then open the cards at your Amazzzing Anglia Birthday Party event on 27th November 2021 as part of your celebrations. An activity pack full of ideas of things you can do at your party will come out at the end of August in the region newsletter.
We are hoping that everyone in the region will be able to attend an Amazzzing Anglia Birthday Party, either on 27th November or another date to suit you. Hopefully there will be lots of face-to-face parties, for units, districts and divisions but you can also celebrate with friends and family or join our on-line party.
Terms and conditions
- The card must be no bigger than A4.
- In order for region to support the onward postage of all cards, we would ask that the cards be no larger or heavier than a large letter. (Weight up to 100g, 35.3 cm length, 25cm width, 25mm depth).
- There must be one card per unit and NOT per member.
- If you are a member of Trefoil Guild, a lone volunteer or girl, you can also take part, a unit would still love to receive a card from you.
- There should be no photographs in or on the card.
- The card should be created and designed with input from all members of the unit where possible.
- You can use any materials you want as long as you keep within the size and weight limitations as described above.
- The envelope should be addressed to Birthday Card Swap, Girlguiding Anglia, 7 Great Hautbois Road, Coltishall, Norfolk, NR12 7JN.
- On the back of your envelope please include your unit name and county.
- Important – Please include a self addressed A4 envelope when sending your card so we can send a card back to you.
- The closing date for the card to arrive at region office is 1 November 2021.
- Your return card will be sent to you the week beginning 22 November 2021 or earlier, in time for the party on 27 November 2021.
- If you are not having a party you can still take part in the card swap and feel free to celebrate Anglia’s 50th Birthday in your own way.
- We would love to see photos of our members opening their cards, if you’re able to and have the correct permissions please do this via our Girlguiding Anglia social media pages.
We look forward to receiving your cards and sharing them with other units across the region to show how we are one big family, full of AMAZZZING leaders and girls.
For more information on how we’re celebrating our birthday and to get involved please ensure you’re signed up to access region newsletters by changing your marketing preferences on GO. Or check out the region website for our Buzz About Anglia challenge pack.