Region and County training opportunities
Date: September 3rd 12:00 - September 3rd 13:00
Do you want to develop your skills this term? Are you wondering what is happening across the region as restrictions lift? Look for training opportunities here.
It’s great that you are interested in developing your own skills and finding inspiration at a training session. Whatever your role or topic you are looking for, I do hope we have something for you.
Safe Space Level 3
You’ll learn about:
- What to do if someone tells you about a concern, allegation or disclosure
- How to recognise there is a concern
- How you can support and help someone tell their story safely
- How to take action and with whom
- Where to get help
Some roles require this Level of Safe Space but we’d also recommend that all leaders, assistant leaders and leaders in training complete this. Have a look at the Safe Space Level 3 courses page, or the learning opportunities section of GO to find courses that might interest you.
Did you know Girlguiding offers training via the learning opportunities tab in GO? There are a whole range of topics including:
- The Girlguiding programme (from an overview to specific elements or programme planning)
- Introduction to managing unit accounts
- Getting started with… virtual residential events
- Risky Business – a guide to keeping everybody safe
- Doing our Best – Recognising and Celebrating quality in your unit
- Promoting Guiding
Still hungry for more opportunities?
Why not head over to our region and county calendar to see training and event opportunities. Most are held virtually on Zoom, although some are now returning to face to face. You’ll find it under member support or by clicking on the link. Not all opportunities are available outside of the organising county but if you see a session you like the sound of, click on the link to go to the event page for more information. You might be able to go on a waiting list or ask your county to deliver a similar session.
Thank you for your interest in training opportunities and all you do to make Girlguiding a fantastic safe space for all girls and young women to grow together and have fun.