Region and County training opportunities
Date: January 29th 12:00 - January 29th 13:00
Do you want to develop your skills this term? Are you wondering what is happening across the region as restrictions lift? Look for training opportunities here.
It’s great that you are interested in developing your own skills and finding inspiration at a training session. Whatever your role or topic you are looking for, I do hope we have something for you.
ROVE spotlight sessions
Our last virtual training day, ROVE, took place in June 2021 and was a fantastic day. ROVE stood for Reaching Out Virtually to Everyone yet we felt there were some people that missed the day due to illness, work or family life and even a few people that wanted to attend four or more of the sessions. Therefore, to extend our reach further we are offering some of the sessions as stand-alone training sessions at a variety of times. This term, we’ve already had Bringing guiding history alive and STEM: Engineering. In the future we have:
- International Explorer – Tuesday 18 January at 7:45pm, bookings available here
- Bringing the know myself theme alive – Monday 7 February at 7:30pm, bookings available here
- Bringing the express myself theme alive- Thursday 24 March at 7:30pm, bookings available here
- Bringing the have adventures theme alive (details coming soon)
- Bringing the take action theme alive (details coming soon)
- Bringing the be well theme alive (details coming soon)
Safe Space Level 3
You’ll learn about:
- What to do if someone tells you about a concern, allegation or disclosure
- How to recognise there is a concern
- How you can support and help someone tell their story safely
- How to take action and with whom
- Where to get help
Some roles require this Level of Safe Space but we’d also recommend that all leaders, assistant leaders and leaders in training complete this. Have a look at the Safe Space Level 3 courses page, or the learning opportunities section of GO to find courses that might interest you.
Did you know Girlguiding offers training via the learning opportunities tab in GO? There are a whole range of topics including:
- The Girlguiding programme (from an overview to specific elements or programme planning)
- Introduction to managing unit accounts
- Getting started with… virtual residential events
- Risky Business – a guide to keeping everybody safe
- Doing our Best – Recognising and Celebrating quality in your unit
- Promoting Guiding
Still hungry for more opportunities?
Why not head over to our region and county calendar to see training and event opportunities. Most are held virtually on Zoom, although some are now returning to face to face. You’ll find it under member support or by clicking on the link. Not all opportunities are available outside of the organising county but if you see a session you like the sound of, click on the link to go to the event page for more information. You might be able to go on a waiting list or ask your county to deliver a similar session.
Thank you for your interest in training opportunities and all you do to make Girlguiding a fantastic safe space for all girls and young women to grow together and have fun.