Blog / July 17th, 2020
Peer Education Goes Virtual!
Exciting News!! Peer Education Sessions Go Virtual.
Throughout lock down we have seen more and more guiding activities being delivered virtually. Now it’s the turn of our region peer educators.
Here, one of our region Peer Educators, Katie, explains what she’s been up to.
‘During lockdown I have helped the leaders at the Brownie unit I volunteer with to set up Zoom meetings.
So, when I heard that peer educators had the opportunity to go virtual, I jumped at the chance and booked onto the virtual training.
We looked at different ways and platforms of how we could deliver the Peer Education sessions and learnt alot about virtual safeguarding.
Now I can’t wait to start delivering the two topics I am trained in.
It’s going to be good delivering with another peer educator but also getting to know other counties.’
Our thanks go to Katie and all region peer educators that have completed their virtual training. We’d also like to say thank you to our region Trainers, Poppy George and Sarah Davis, for delivering the training.
Would you like to book a Peer Education session for your unit?
Region Peer Education Coordinator, Veronica Riches, has shared a step by step guide on how to do this:
- Decide which topic you would like to be delivered:
Think Resilient- this topic is designed to build mental wellbeing and grow resilience in girls and young women.
Breaking Free – this topic gives girls the tools to identify, challenge and break free from gender stereotypes.
- Download and complete a Peer Education booking form.
- Email your completed form to email@example.com.
- Once connected with a peer educator, work together to plan a fun and safe meeting.
- Inform the parents about this exciting opportunity in case they have any questions or need to lend their support. (Template emails available from the peer educator)
- During the session you will need to take an active part, supporting where needed.
- After the session, complete any ‘take it further’ activities suggested by the peer educators.
- Finally, don’t forget to order your badges.