Blog / September 24th, 2020
Region video library project
We are pleased to announce the launch of our first unit meeting support videos. Created by our summer project group these videos are designed to help explain and demonstrate some of the trickier UMAs that typically take leaders more time to prepare for. Visit our YouTube channel or click on the links below to access the videos. If you like them please let us know, your feedback makes a difference.
- Birdie builders – UMA 3 – Have Adventures
- Snacks for quacks – UMA 5 – Take Action
- Stop that leak – UMA 2 – Skills for my Future
- Trefoil Trivia – UMA 1 – Know Myself
- ¹*Century time travel – UMA 1 – Know Myself
- En pointe – UMA 6 – Express Myself
- Doggy Language – UMA 1 – Be Well
- Cyclist says – UMA 4 – Be Well
- ²*World Centres welcome – UMA 4 – Know Myself
- Macrame master – UMA 3 – Express Myself
- Bionic body parts – UMA 6 – Skills For My Future
- ³*All tied up – UMA 4 – Know Myself
- Legend of 1000 cranes – UMA 3 – Express Myself
- Converse to reverse – UMA 3 – Take Action
- *Century time travel can also be used for Brownies (Brownie pocket challenges)
- *World centres welcome can also be used for Rainbows (World Centre postcards)
- *All tied up can also be used for Brownies (I can knot and Kite fighters) and Guides (Treasure hunters)
From volunteer and project lead Madelyne Newnham a Brownie leader and Trefoil Guild member from Lincolnshire working towards her Queen’s Guide Award.
The project has been completed over the summer by five members who are working towards their Queen’s Guide Award, and one member who is a prospective trainer. The project aimed to deliver a minimum of 12 videos spanning across the four sections and the six themes. We started by reviewing the Unit Meeting Activities (UMAs) and chatting about which had potential to be supported by a video, then each team member identified the UMAs they had a particular interest in developing further. We have made a total of 14 videos which we hope enable leaders to deliver some of their section UMAs more easily, and that members will enjoy the videos!
Our project team
I am a young leader for brownies in Norfolk working towards my Queens Guide Award.
I am a Guide leader in Oxfordshire and a prospective trainer.
I’m a Brownie leader and Guide unit helper from Buckinghamshire. My Brownies know me for running all the activities relating to camping and campfires!
I am a Ranger leader, a member of the Birmingham Universities Scout and Guide Society, and my favourite thing about Guides is camping.
I am a Ranger and a Brownie young leader in Oxfordshire working towards my Queen’s Guide Award. My favourite things about Guiding are camping and the opportunity to meet new people.