Blog / March 15th, 2023
UK Youth funded activity days
Hautbois Activity Centre, a part of Girlguiding Anglia, has been awarded funding for youth organisations to visit the centre during the Easter holidays 2023. All costs covered including a travel bursary can be covered.
This opportunity is funded as part of UK Youth’s campaign to raise awareness of the devastating impact the cost-of-living crisis is having on youth organisations and young people.
They have funding for a limited number of spaces for:
1) activity days including 4 outdoor activities and lunch.
2) A 2-night full board residential stay including 8 activities.
Full funding is available for young people who are:
- young parents
- in rural isolation
- experiencing mental health challenges
- have behavioural, emotional and social difficulties
- black, Asian, minority ethnic or traveller communities
- at risk of being not in education, employment or training
- within the care system
- experiencing or at risk of the criminal justice system
- experiencing special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- experiencing homelessness
- from low-income families
- refugee or asylum seekers
In order to qualify for funded places you will be asked to provide monitoring and evaluation information for the UK Youth funders.
This information will cover:
- A leaders survey for each organisation which outlines demographic data on who the bursaries have reached and feedback from individual group leaders regarding their assessment of the benefits of the programme to their young people
- A young people’s survey which includes personal reflections on the programme
We have also been asked for three images of the delivery in action. Please note all images submitted may be used by UK Youth to support the promotion and evaluation of the programme, including submission in our final evaluation report, so we will be asking for relevant consent from at least some of the young people.
Apply or find out more
If you think this criterion applies to your unit or group and are happy to agree to the reporting requirements please contact the Hautbois Activity Centre team to discuss your booking further.